Sunday, January 29, 2012

Hank's food

I keep forgetting to post about Hank and his experience with solids! This is pretty old news by now, but I figured I'd share for the sake of keeping history.

So we started with homemade brown rice cereal on the day of his 6 month birthday. I probably made it thicker than I should have, but he did fine with it.





After a few days, we tried avocado:



Yeah, not a fan of avocado. But, we've found all kinds of foods he likes:
banana
mango
sweet potato
kale (I'm serious)
broccoli
pear
butternut squash
plain yogurt
steel cut oats

Sometimes he'll balk at a food we try for the first time, but after the three-day trial period he comes to like it.

I remember that I hated this stage of eating with Johnny. It was such a hassle to make his food and store it and then get it ready for him when he was ready. This time around? I've got it nailed. I try to make a batch of food every morning and then freeze it in an ice cube tray so that I always have a stash of food cubes ready when it's meal time. Now I'm actually enjoying it!

1 comment: