Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Oil Change

When I was newly pregnant with Johnny, John and I bought a new car; a new Nissan Murano, to be exact. One of the bummers of buying a new car is that you are at their mercy in terms of warranty. In order for our warranty to be valid, I have to take the Murano in to the dealership for all maintenance and make sure that I get their special stamp in my little maintenance book. Now, this shouldn't be a big deal. Except that when you have to wait for two hours with two little ones just to get an oil change, it's a big deal. I HATE going to get scheduled maintenance on my car. Keeping Johnny entertained in a car dealership is hell. You know why? Because of all the pretty cars they have on display in the building. Remember how much Johnny likes cars? Yeah, all he wanted to do the entire time we were there was get in these shiny new cars and push all of the buttons... except that they were locked. So we played this conversation over and over again:

Johnny: "Car?"

Me: "Yes, that's a car."

Johnny: "In?"

Me: "No, we can't get in."

Johnny: pulling on the handle "Locked."

Me: "Yes, it's locked. They don't want people getting in their cars and messing with them."

Johnny: "Keys?"

Me: "No, I don't have the keys."

Johnny: "Keys?!"

Me: "I don't have the keys for this car, Johnny. I just have the keys for my car."

Johnny (beginning to melt down): "KEYS?!?!"

Me: I'm sorry Johnny, I don't have keys for that car. Let's go look at a different car."

Johnny: "Car?"

Over and over and over again.

Then one of the salesmen took pity on me after about an hour of this and helped me out:
This is Johnny in his new green Nissan XTerra... getting drool all over it.
I was so appreciative I wrote a thank you card for the salesmen and dropped it off later in the week. Thank you, Nissan salesman, for taking a few minutes to make my waiting so much easier. And F--- you Nissan service department for being so ridiculously slow!

1 comment:

  1. oh man am i feeling for you here! violet only had to wait 20 minutes at the car wash, and it was still no easy feat keeping her entertained when all she wanted to do was crawl on the filthy ground and chew the shoelaces of people on their iphones.

    ReplyDelete