Thursday, September 29, 2011

WE'RE ALIVE!

After a lovely week of snot, phlegm, and nasal congestion, we've finally come out the other side. Johnny is still sporting a booger-crusted nose, Hank still has to have his mattress inclined to sleep at night, and I'm still a little congested, but at least we're all well enough to leave the house. Yay!

I'm not proud of it, but most of last week was spent like this:

I felt so sick and was so sleep deprived (from Hank being sick, too) that I didn't have the energy to entertain Johnny the whole day like I usually do. Plus many of our usual options were cut off since we were sick; no parks with other children, no indoor playplaces, no playdates, no walks, etc. Yeah, it was a tough week.

I remember one of the expectant (first time) moms in our birth class talking about how she saw a two-year-old with an iPhone and how well he could use it. She was appalled that a child so young had spent enough time with a smart phone to be able to manipulate it so expertly. She would NEVER let her child spend so much time with technology. I think she'd be horror-struck at our list of activities from last week, don't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment