Monday, August 15, 2011

I love Mondays

When I was a teacher, I hated Mondays. Never in my life did I think that I would actually LIKE that dreaded day that meant a return to work with five classrooms full of kids who were just as disgruntled about it being Monday as I was.

Now? I LOVE them.

Yeah, it's great having John around on the weekends because he helps out so much, but the return to routine on Monday is just awesome. Especially because I feel well-rested since John does help me out so much on Saturday and Sunday. Johnny also welcomes the return to a routine and is always really well-behaved and a lot of fun on Mondays. Not that he doesn't miss his daddy, as evidenced by the fact that the first he thing he says when I walk into his room on Monday morning is "Daddy?"

For whatever reason, everything seems to work out better on Mondays. Johnny asks to eat when he's hungry and will sit in his high chair for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Hank stays asleep while I put Johnny down for his nap. Johnny actually goes down for a nap. I almost always manage to get the laundry done and put away.

Yes, Mondays are magical. But that doesn't mean I'm not jonesin' for the weekend by the time Friday rolls around. Monday is definitely the highlight, then it's downhill from there... don't ask me why. I have no clue myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment