Friday, July 22, 2011

The Case of the Exploding Diaper

The title sounds like a Nancy Drew book, does it not? Okay, maybe Nancy Drew: the Mom Years.

For whatever reason, Johnny's nighttime diaper has been exploding. I don't mean that when I pick him up, there's a cascade of urine escaping his diaper, I mean there's an explosion that occurs sometime in the wee hours of the morning and leaves this lovely mess:
In case you can't see the mess clearly in the picture above, it is composed of large quantities of urine-bloated crystals. Not just in that one spot, oh no! That would be much too easy to clean up. These wet crystals stick to EVERYTHING. Johnny's sheets, his stuffed animal Scout, Blankie, the crib, the wall behind the crib, Johnny's extremities, Johnny's hair, my clothing, etc, etc. And then for days afterward I feel them on my feet when I walk into Johnny's room... which means I walk around with urine on my feet for a few days. Now, I know I'm a mom and I'm supposed to be into that, but it's so not my cup of tea.

Anyway. Johnny's already in the largest size overnight diapers and they have been fine up until now. He is drinking more water because it's rather hot these days, but you would think he would also be sweating some of that out... weird. I'm not exactly sure what I should do about the nighttime diaper situation, so if y'all have any ideas, I'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment