Monday, January 24, 2011

Meal Planning!

I have become a pretty religious meal planner. I sit down on Sunday afternoon/night with John and plan out what we will be eating for dinner the entire week. Then on Monday, Johnny and I go out and get our groceries for the week including snack stuff, possible breakfast items, etc. It's awesome. I only have to drag Johnny to the store once a week, sometimes more than that if I forgot something. PLUS it makes it easier to incorporate vegetables into our meals since I plan to include them. And it makes to try new recipes every week so that I can widen my repertoire of meals to choose from. And it relieves that stress I get around 3:30pm when I stop and think, "Uh oh, what am I making for dinner?!" Basically, I love meal planning and there are some other bloggers I read that do the same thing, so I'm going to try to keep this up every week and let you know how my new recipes turn out... and you can always give me new things to try!

Monday: Sam the Cooking Guy's Fish Stick Tacos and refried beans (I have yoga in the evening so dinner has to be quick and easy)
Tuesday: Elk burgers and corn on the cob (John is hosting poker, so dinner has to be quick and easy again)
Wednesday: Spinach Quiche and salad
Thursday: Leslie's Butternut Squash Soup and Sam the Cooking Guy's Pesto Grilled Cheese
Friday: Honey Nut Chicken (my own modified recipe) and salad

Meal Planning Monday

1 comment:

  1. I've heard about your honey nut chicken. I'd love for you to email me the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete