Wednesday, April 13, 2011

16 months

I'm 16 months old today!
Well, I see that I haven't posted about my monthly birthday since I was 10 months old. I crack that up to my mom not letting me around her laptop for fear I'll break it in half; a valid fear, yes, but I can be civil with the correct bribe. Like chocolate chips.

I am totally and completely mobile and rarely enjoy crawling; even if there's a cool tunnel I'm dying to check out, I'll skip it if it means I have to be on my hands and knees. I'm not quite running yet, but I have mastered the art of walking quickly. I'll be in my room, waiting for my mom to grab a diaper and then BAM! I'm in the play room, threatening to pee on the sofa. I still enjoy the occasional book, but I'm starting to dislike staying one place for too long, depending on the time of day. Right now I like books about animals, especially this one about cats that has moving parts. I'm not a big fan of organized activities that places like Gymboree are into, but I like exploring places like that. I have no problem leaving Mommy behind to check out something that has caught my eye. So far I haven't managed to lose her, but I suspect as I get faster and she gets bigger (she's been gaining a lot of weight lately... especially in her belly... weird) I might have a better chance.

2 comments:

  1. It makes me so happy just looking at him. Thank you so much for keeping up the blog Kelly. I love you.

    ReplyDelete