Saturday, May 25, 2013

Let's get crafty

I'm not a crafty person. I don't have the urge to create stuff from ribbon, yarn and glitter, but if I see something on Pinterest that I like, then I'll do it, but there have to be really specific instructions. I'm a science student, it's how I roll.

Well, because I'm not crafty, I don't do a lot of art stuff with the boys. It's messy. It requires preparation. There's a huge chance that the boys won't even be interested and then I'll have a bunch of craft supplies and no one to use them. Because what would I do with them?

Occasionally, though, I get a wild hair and do something mildly crafty. Because I'm a masochist. :)

At the Renaissance Faire, Hank got a few "treasures" from the characters roaming around. Probably because they couldn't walk by his cute little face without wanting to give him something. I know how you feel, guys. Anyway. They're pretty small and they keep getting lost, so when I saw two small, unfinished wood treasure chests at Michael's for a couple of bucks, I grabbed them. And then the boys picked out some paint and we went home, excited for our little activity.

Granted, it took me a couple of days to work up to actually doing it. But we got there! And wow, did they have fun!





Did you know that if you mix purple, yellow, electric green, royal blue and red together it makes army green? Well, both treasure chests are now army green.
 It actually went pretty well. Until they started painting on themselves. See, the boys BEGGED for the fun, colorful acrylic paints at Michael's. They were tired of the lame, washable colors that we had at home. So I figured, why the hell not? I'll just make sure they're naked before they start painting.
 Totally didn't foresee Hank painting his hair. And it staying in his hair for weeks. Oh well!


No comments:

Post a Comment