Sunday, November 13, 2011

23 months!

I'm 23 months old today!
Wow. Only one month away from the big 2!

This past month has brought lots of changes, especially in my communication skills. I have finally figured out how to put the end on some of my words. For instance, I used to say "mou!" for mouse, but now I say "mou..sssssse". I said my first three-syllable word this month: fireplace. I also know the entire alphabet along with the sound each letter makes. I can even tell you a word that starts with that letter, for most of the alphabet, that is. My favorite is the letter N, which says NNNNNNNN as in newt! Mom likes it when I say newt, so I say it a lot to get her to laugh.

I have most of my favorite books memorized now and Mom will test me sometimes by saying "Five little pumpkins sitting on a ....." and then I say "gate!"

Mom: "The first one said, 'Oh my it's getting....' "

Me: "Late!"

And so on and so forth. I have memorized The Five Little Pumpkins (a Halloween gift from Aunt Renea), Can You See What I See? and Goodnight Moon. Thank you, by the way, to Cousin Alison for telling Mom about finding the mouse in Goodnight Moon. We read that book almost every night before bed and I look for the mouse all over the place even though I know exactly where he is on each page.

I didn't enjoy going outside as much this month and have become even more of a Cars fanatic than last month. When I get up in the morning, I want to watch Cars. When I'm eating breakfast, I want to watch Cars. When I'm getting ready for a nap, I want to watch Cars. When I get from a nap, I want to watch Cars. Etc, etc, etc. Unfortunately, Mom only lets me watch Cars a little bit each day. I can watch it in the morning when I get up and then for a little bit with Daddy at bed time.

I am in a big Daddy phase right now and he is the only person I want to see all day every day. The nice thing about the time change is that when I wake up at 5:30am, instead of 6:30am like I used to, Daddy is still home! So I've been taking advantage of that. I don't like to go to bed and have been putting up some incredible battles when Daddy gets it in his head that it is bedtime. I was sleeping in my big boy bed pretty well until Daylight Savings ended and now I get up repeatedly before I finally fall asleep. What do they expect? They let me sleep in a bed without bars and think I'm going to stay there and sleep? Yeah right!!! I want to see what Mom and Daddy are up to! Silly parents.

I'm really looking forward to next month when I will be TWO MONTHS OLD! Hope to see everyone at my Cars -what else?- themed party!

Oh yeah, and Mom's birthday is today! Happy birthday, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment