Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Into the high chair!

Johnny doesn't like it when John and I sit down for dinner. No, really, he doesn't. It doesn't matter if we have dinner at 4:30 or 7:30, he takes offense. The only way he'll be somewhat okay with us eating in the evening is if he's sitting on one of our laps. This was a decent arrangement until recently... when he started reaching and grabbing things. Now he'll sit in my lap and grab my cup when I drink out of it or my hand when I bring food to my mouth or my plate so he can pull it closer to himself. For obvious reasons, this had to change. So we got a high chair. Yes, it's a little early, seeing as he can't sit up on his own yet, but we had the best dinner in months last night. He sat in his chair, nommed on his Sophie and nudged other toys off the tray to the ground and was a happy camper.
Seems to like it, right? He's a little small for it yet, but that's why they have this handy five-point-harness to buckle him in. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment