Monday, April 25, 2011

For the weekend

This past weekend John's parents took Johnny from Saturday morning to Sunday evening to give John and me a chance to get Johnny's room ready and wrap up some small house projects. The plan was to move Johnny from the nursery into his own room, which used to be our office. However, the preparation of his room required an awful lot of work; work that I couldn't do by myself with Johnny around and John couldn't do by himself since I needed to help make decisions. Therefore, John and Gail volunteered to take Johnny for 36 hours to give us the time to finish up Johnny's new room. So, that's what we did!

It's not totally finished yet, which is why I haven't posted any pictures, but we went with a construction theme and he still is in a crib. He's just not ready for a "big boy" bed yet. The advice I've gotten is to stick with a crib as long as possible and don't move him until he's ready... so that's what I'm planning on doing.

Being without Johnny for a whole weekend was really strange for me. It was the first time he had spent the night away from me... in fact the longest I've been away from him is about six hours. I did manage to keep myself from going over to see him until Sunday afternoon, but it was a struggle. I felt so lost without my little man to dote on and feed and talk to; I felt especially strange on Sunday morning when I woke up on my own around 6:45am and didn't see his sweet little face first thing. At the same time, it was great to have a break. I managed to get some projects finished that had been nagging at me for months and his room is finally finished and ready to go, a huge weight off of my shoulders! Being a mom is so strange because on Friday night I was longing for a break, but the second he left on Saturday I really missed him. I suppose that will never really change.

I'll post pictures as soon as the room is done, promise! Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures to post in the meantime since Johnny was gone all weekend. Perhaps tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Johnny was an angel and we loved having him visit Grandma and Grandpa for an overnight. What a fun kid. He is welcome anytime. You are both doing such a great job raising him!

    ReplyDelete