Tuesday, March 15, 2011

New pediatrician

After much hemming and hawing, I decided to finally look for a new pediatrician. I'm not particularly in love with the one we've been taking Johnny to and I really don't want to deal with her diagnosing my newborn so it's time to do some shopping. I started the process by taking Johnny to a new doctor yesterday and while I liked him and his nurse, I think we'll still do some more looking around before making a selection. In the meantime, here are Johnny's stats:

Weight: 24lbs 8oz. ~50th percentile
Height: 32.5 in. ~ 90th percentile
Head circumference: 19in. ~80th percentile

The height and head circumference are estimates because Johnny is a REALLY squirmy guy and tough to measure with a measuring tape.

The doctor says that he's looking really healthy and seems to be where he should be developmentally. Since there were no problems, Johnny won't need another well child visit until he's TWO YEARS OLD! It's hard to imagine that he will ever be that old... but I suppose it will go quickly when there's another child in the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment