Thursday, January 17, 2013

Hank is 19 months old!

I'm 19 months old today!

I am FINALLY feeling better today! Feeling good enough to even write out a little blog in honor of my 19 month birthday. Whoo-hoo!

Let's see? What has been happening with me in the last couple of months? I  haven't written since my 15 month birthday, so I suppose I have some catching up to do! 

I am talking up a storm and have figured out how to make rudimentary sentences. Of course, they are generally missing pronouns and some critical verbs, but hey, I can get my point across. This morning I said to Mommy, "Johnny Daddy shower!" Which, of course, means "Johnny and Daddy are in the shower!" But you could figure that out, right? I have also gotten pretty good at asking questions like, "Johnny go?" which actually means "Where did Johnny go?" not "Johnny, will you go?" I know, sometimes my language can be tricky. Lucky for me, Mommy is around all the time so she knows what's up.

I'm quite a good runner now and enjoy chasing Johnny everywhere. G-ma calls us Pete and Re-Pete because when Johnny runs to the kitchen, I also run to the kitchen. When he runs down the street, I also run down the street. If he wants to eat raisins, I want to eat raisins. Johnny's pretty much my best friend. We do fight over the occasional toy or when we should leave the park, but mostly we play together. I love to take baths with him and splash together and play trains with the set we got for Christmas. 

Physically, I can climb up high ladders and go down steep slides all by myself, which apparently, most children my age can't or won't. Mommy says that other people are often impressed by my abilities to do things that their 2.5-year-olds have trouble with. Well, they should be impressed. I'm kind of a big deal.

On the "academic" front, I have figured out most of the alphabet and know all the numbers from 0 to 10 (courtesy of Johnny and his numerical fervor). The letters "O" and "W" are my favorite and I like to find those particular ones and put them in a box to carry around with me. I enjoy "spelling words" with Johnny, though Mommy says my words aren't words at all. I beg to differ. "BGHHOOOTW" totally spells "sea lion".
My treasure box of favorite letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment