Friday, July 23, 2010

Sleeping through the night?

A couple of weeks ago, I had a revelation. When I went in to Johnny's room at 10:30pm, after he woke up for the first time (this is relatively normal) I noticed he was burying his face in the mattress and throwing his legs to the side. Now, he's done this before, and I've just chalked it up to him trying to settle himself. Well, this time, I tried putting him on his tummy and Wham! He was out. He stayed out until 7am the next morning. SEVEN O'CLOCK! It was glorious. It got even better when the next night, instead of putting him on his back as per usual, I put him on his tummy. Wham! Asleep. All the way up to 6:30 the next morning. He has NEVER done that before. Usually when I say he's "sleeping through the night" it means that he will go down at 8pm and wake up around 4am to eat. Well, this time, I had two REAL nights of sleep. Absolutely amazing.

And that was it. Every night since he as awakened at least twice during the night (every 2.5 to 3 hours on a bad night) whether he is on his back or his tummy. *le sigh* I just don't get it. Perhaps one day, preferably before he goes to college, he will reliably go to sleep and stay asleep until 6:30am. One day.
This is typical naptime for Johnny. Asleep in the swing with the vacuum noise going. The ball is new though... I couldn't get it from him without waking him so he just slept with it in his hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment