Wednesday, November 20, 2013

I am 40 weeks pregnant.

Here I am. 40 weeks. Though, by my own calculations, I'm actually 40.5 weeks pregnant, but I can't think about that too much because it pisses me off. I thought for sure I'd have a baby by now, so the fact that I haven't just makes me stabby.

I've finally made it to the point where I'm excited to go through labor so that I can be done with pregnancy. Even though I know what's waiting on the flip side (crying, no sleep, THREE children to care for), I'm just so ready to be done. I can't stand for too long because then my back hurts. I can't sit for too long because then my ribs hurt (which has been the most excruciating of all pregnancy aches for me). But I can't lie down for too long because then my back, my pubic bone and my ribs hurt. 

I can't eat much at a time since my stomach is compressed and whenever I feel like eating, nothing sounds good or I'm just too tired to get up and make something. My hormones are going crazy with the nesting instinct and all I feel like doing when I have the energy is clearing clutter, vacuuming and dusting. Which is EXHAUSTING. Kind of a cruel joke, there, Nature. Make the huge pregnant woman vacuum her heart out until she's too tired to give birth. Okay, it's not that bad. But still! Obnoxious. 

On the plus side, the boys have been pretty good to me recently. Suddenly, they're talking to each other like civilized humans ("Hank, may I use that train carriage?" "Okay, here you go.") and they play together unsupervised for over an hour so I can clean like a crazy woman in the mornings. They've been getting in and out of the car without a fuss (for the most part) and have finally been cutting me some slack because I'm pregnant. We went for a nice walk today and for the first time ever, I didn't have to chase one or both of them down the street. They kept saying, "I'm staying close to you because you're pregnant and you 
can't move fast." You speak truth, munchkin. 




My first successful silhouette! I think I did rather well.
This week, baby is the size of a/an: pumpkin

How far along: 40 weeks
Exercise: Rolling over in bed is quite the exercise. So is bending over to grab toys, going up stairs, carrying children through parks/museums, etc.
Sleep: The body aches have really ruined the small amount of quality sleep I used to get, but there's not much to do about that. Besides be so exhausted when I go to bed that I pass clean out before my head hits the pillow.
Food cravings/aversions: If I don't have to make it, I love it. :)
Movement: Less these days, but that's normal since there isn't much room to move around.
What I miss: Being able to call/text people without them thinking that I'm calling because I'm in labor. I understand it, but it just gets old calling people and having them answer all excited and hopeful and then after I say "I'm not in labor" the interest wanes.
What I'm loving: Not having to breastfeed yet.
What I'm looking forward to: Meeting the baby!! I can't wait to see that squishy little face.
Best moment this week: Going to see Thomas the Tank Engine in Perris, CA, with the boys this past weekend. It was a fun outing, possibly our last as a family of four (crosses fingers)
To accomplish before baby comes: We're actually... all prepared. Place to sleep. Clothes ready. I guess it'd be nice to finish up the Christmas shopping, but not absolutely necessary.
Thoughts and feelings from Significant Other and Siblings: Hank has decided that the baby should be named "Carl". Every time I ask him if the baby is a boy or a girl he says "Carl!" Both Johnny and Hank have taken to saying, "Baby! Come out now!" At my urging, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment