Thursday, June 7, 2012

The beginning of communication starts with a finger.

 As you can see, Hank has figured out how to use his index finger.
And he has figured out that it is MAGICAL!

We now have conversations:
Hank points at his sippy cup.  "Okay, honey, I'll go fill that up for you."
Hank points at the grapes on the table. "Let me cut these in half and you can have some."
Hank points at my food. "No, sweetheart, you don't want this. It is spicy and too hot for your mouth."
Hank points more emphatically and with louder squeals at my food. "I'm telling you, you're not going to like it."
Hank jabs his index finger at my food and says, "UUNNNNNNNHHHHHH!" "Fine, fine, fine. Here's some chicken enchilada with chipotle peppers and green chiles."

Needless to say, that did not end well.

1 comment: